Introduction & World of Fungi
ObjectivesIdentify the characteristics shared by all protists
Compare and contrast the protist groups
Identify the characteristics shared by all fungi
Compare and contrast the fungi groups
ProcedureStudents will read background information in Glencoe Science Voyages Chapter 17 pages 462-485.
They will create a Keynote presentation with selected terms. Volunteers will present to class.
Students will participate in a class discussion to correct any misconceptions in this chapter.
Brief review of components of KWL and Venn diagram.
Introduction to eZedia activities and assessment tools.
Students will work individually to complete this assignment.
MaterialsGlencoe Science Voyages Red
Chapter 17 pages 462-485
Sunshine State StandardsSCIENCE
Processes of Life
The student describes patterns of structure and function in living things
SCF 132 knows that the structural basis of most organisms is the cell and most organisms are single cells, while some...are multicellular
SCF 135 explains how the life functions of organisms are related to what occurs within the cell
SCG 133 understands that the classification of living things is based on a given set of criteria
The student uses the reading process effectively
LAA1.3.2 uses a variety of strategies to analyze words and text...
The student constructs meaning from a wide range of texts
LAA 2.3.1 determines the main idea or essential message in a text and identifies relevant details...
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students3 Technology productivity tools
* Students use technology tools to enhance learning, increase productivity, and promote creativity.
* Students use productivity tools to collaborate in constructing technology-enhanced models...
4 Technology communication tools
* Students use telecommunications to collaborate, publish, and interact with peers, experts, and other audiences.
* Students use a variety of media and formats to communicate information and ideas...
5 Technology research tools
* Students use technology to locate, evaluate, and collect information from a variety of sources.
* Students use technology tools to process data and report results.
* Students evaluate and select new information resources and technological innovations...
Assessment / EvaluationKWL